Adding a tree to your small yard may seem like a challenge. However, there are many great varieties of trees that provide cool shade and are able to fit within a smaller footprint. When choosing a tree and where to plant it be sure to consider the proximity to buildings, driveways, fences, and utility lines. When in doubt about where to plant your tree or whether Charlotte tree trimming services are needed, give the professional staff of M & M Total Tree Service a call. Our staff loves trees, and we would love to help you find the right tree for your yard and choose the right location to plant it.
Small Backyard Trees! | Charlotte Tree Trimming
Here are some great small trees that will provide your yard with lots of shade:
- Washington Hawthorn - Covered in gorgeous white flowers in the spring and glossy red fruit in the late summer, the Washington hawthorn is a showy way to add shade to your lawn. A note of caution though, this tree does have thorns so plant with care.
- Flowering Dogwood - Preferring partial sun, this stunning flowering tree bursts into bloom during the spring with yellow, white, and pink flowers. These trees top out around 20 feet.
- Japenese Snowbell - Bell shaped blossoms dangle from the branches of this tree. Growing in height between twenty and thirty feet, this incredible tree has a light fragrance and adds a beautiful patch of shade.
- Chinese Pistache - With stunning red-orange leaves in the fall, the Chinese Pistache is tolerant to heat and drought once its roots are well established. Mature height is somewhere between 25 and 35 feet tall.
- White Flowering Redbud - The White Flowering Redbud is a beautiful tree. Topping out at 30 feet tall and wide, the tree provides a wide swath of shade for smaller yards. As an added bonus, it also attracts butterflies.
- Morton Sugar Maple - With high heat and drought tolerance, the Morton Sugar Maple is a well-suited shade tree. Gorgeous red fall foliage and lush green leaves all summer long make this tree absolutely stunning year round.
- Whitespire Gray Birch - Standing at its mature height of 30 to 40 feet tall, the Whitespire Gray Birch is a sun-loving tree that is resistant to bronze birch borers and prefers well-drained soils. The medium growth rate and bright green foliage make this a favorite for shadeseekers.
Have more questions about which small shade tree is right for your compact yard? Let the professional staff at M & M Total Tree Service help you decide. We proudly offer landscape and hardscape services as well as tree trimming and pruning. If you have landscaping on your fall list of to-dos or are thinking about planting a new tree this fall, give us a call. We would love to help you design and create your very own backyard showplace. Also, Charlotte tree trimming this time of year is a good idea, as well.
The holidays are coming and if you have guests coming to visit, now is the time to get your yard ready. Remove old dead tree branches, have dangerous stumps removed or ground out, and mulch around the base of your trees for extra moisture retention this winter. M & M Total Tree Service also offers power washing services to keep your home looking picture perfect all season long.
Fall appointments are filling fast so call and reserve your time with our tree experts today!